Monday, January 27, 2014

Motion


I really enjoyed playing with the long shutter speed on the camera and experimenting with creating two figures instead of just one.  In this photo I thought it would be interesting to create a sort of duality by having Leyla make two different expressions while I snapped a picture.

I think this photo is sort of mesmerizing in the overlapping lines it creates.  What I like most is that by having a longer shutter speed, more than one moment is captured in one picture. 

Again, in this photo I played with having the same figure appear twice in the photo.  For this picture I started out far away and then when I snapped the picture, I ran forward, creating the effect of simultaneously being close and far.

In this photo, I told Ella and Leyla to move their arms and legs while I took the picture.  The result was the illusion of multiple arms and legs.  I think they look sort of like mythological creatures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment